Kylie from Scrapping Clearly fell in love with the Dreamy collection from Heidi Swapp as soon as she saw it, and she knew her customers would love it! This range is full of pink, blue, yellow and teal, and is bright and fun without being garish. So we thought we’d ask a few people to have a play, starting with Kylie herself!
Materials: Heidi Swapp Dreamy paper, ephemera, tag and mini memory file; Other embellishments – Heidi Swapp chipboard, label and glitter stickers, doily, banner, hatpin, epoxy dots, Zig Writers.
Tips from Kylie
- Create extra depth when using the Dreamy papers by layering them with box board.
- Using a mini memory file on a layout allows you to add extra photos and journalling without crowding your design.
- Use different pen point sizes and handwriting styles to enhance your journalling.
Next up is a layout from Manda Moore!
Materials: Heidi Swapp Dreamy patterned paper, claer words, glitter frames, ephmera and word stickers; Other embellishments – Crate Paper frames, machine-stitching, Heidi Swapp Color Shine.
- Try a grid design with a twist! Set it on an angle rather than on the horizontal.
- Use up your word stickers.Use whole sheets or sections of a sheet as background paper as I have underneath the frame.
- Cut up your frames! Cut them up into pieces and use them for layering or as an embellishment.
Materials: Heidi Swapp Dreamy patterned paper, glitter frames, tags, bows and stickers; Cardstock;Stamp – Date; Other embellishments – Tim Holtz letters, A Flair for Buttons flair, Heidi Swapp Color Shine, K&Company Smash pen.
- Fussy-cut words from patterned papers and tags for your title.
- Spray Color Shine onto a freezer bag and then dab it onto your background for a different form of texture.
- With lots of paper layers, sometimes minimal embellishment is best.
“I love the colours of this Heidi Swapp collection and the papers are nice and thick. The embellishments will work well with just about any type of project.”
You can purchase the Dreamy collection and other Heidi Swapp products from Scarpping Clearly here.